About Southside's School Counseling and Guidance Program
School Guidance Counselors Help Southside Students Find Success in School By:
· Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons. Southside students have guidance class for 30 minutes twice a month.
· Counseling students individually and in groups to understand and appreciate their unique qualities and assist their personal, social and academic growth.
· Helping students develop positive attitudes towards self and others, develop problem solving skills, cope with family changes, and understand their emotions.
· Working collaboratively with students, parents and teachers to identify and remove barriers that may impede student achievement. Your school guidance counselor assists in leading:
- ARC meetings for Special Education Services
- 504 Plan Development
- Problem-Solving Meetings for Students’ Academic and Social-
The goal of the Southside School Guidance Program is to provide all students a safe and caring environment in which they value themselves and others. By focusing on the whole child, we provide a place where children can continue to grow personally, socially, emotionally, and academically.